Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shout Out to Thomas MacEntee and the Jamboree Extension Webinars

OK, another great webinar.  This one was "Social Networking:  New Horizons for Genealogists" by Thomas MacEntee for the Southern California Genealogy Society's (http://www.scgsgenealogy.com/Jamboree Extension Series.   There was so much helpful information.  One of Thomas' suggestions was to search Facebook for family surnames.  So I did, and I quickly found a second cousin!  My family was from a small town and I knew that anybody from that town with my surname had to be related, so I didn't have to look long.

Here are a few links to check out

GeneaWebinars.com has a list of webinars so you can see what is in the works.  Others may know of different sites to visit.

Facebook.com may be scary for some of you, but recruit a "youngster" to help if you need it.  Be sure to take the time to understand the privacy settings, and only share what you are comfortable with.  

Geneabloggers.com  has links to pages that will help you understand the ins and outs of blogging and ways to fine tune your blog.  And if you don't blog yet, try it!  

Happy hunting! 





1 comment:

  1. Cindy

    Here's a shout back at ya! Thanks so much for attending the webinar and I am glad you found it helpful.

    I want to point out the free Facebook cheat sheet I have on my site: http://hidefgen.com/facebook-genealogy/

    ReplyDelete