Saturday, June 18, 2011

Burial Site Sleuthing

I heard this great story on NPR this morning (Saturday) about folks working on finding the burial sites of Negro League baseball players.

From NPR's website:  "Dink Mothell played in the Negro Leagues for 15 years. He died in 1980, and his gravesite has been just a patch of grass, no nameplate, marker or anything. On Saturday, a ceremony will at last grant Mothell's gravesite a tombstone, the result of efforts by two men to locate the remains of former Negro Leaguers."

Here's a link to the story: 

The Negro League website is: http://www.negroleaguebaseball.com/

As far as I know, I don't have any African American ancestry...but who knows what I might find someday.  I just really enjoyed hearing the story and thought I would share!

No comments:

Post a Comment