Friday, April 1, 2011

Data Backup Day

No, it's not exciting, but losing all of my family history research would be, and not in a good way.  Not in a way like, hey, I'm so excited, I just won the lottery. Or I'm so excited for the vacation.  But in an anxiety-provoking, crying, throwing up (sorry to be so graphic) way. I recently lost all of the t.v. episodes I bought from iTunes and spent 3 days (yes 3) recovering them.  And yes, it was inconvenient and I was frustrated. I had to leave the computer on the whole time and endure the wrath of family members for slowing down internet browsing. Fortunately, iTunes has all these programs for me to re-download; I wouldn't have been so lucky if I lost my genealogy work.  Makes me think it is time to do a little cloud computing and keep a copy up in the sky....

No comments:

Post a Comment